Andrew Samalin, CFP®, EA, CDFA™
Divorce financial planning is the nexus of tax analysis, financial planning, real estate analysis, lifestyle preferences and your divorce. Our job is to analyze these components with precision so that you can feel empowered and confident about your financial condition. As a leading divorce financial planning firm, we’ll guide you through each of your financial concerns, before, during and after your divorce. "Will I be OK?" "How do these pieces fit together?" This may be the first time you are going through a divorce, but this is work we do every day. Top matrimonial attorneys, CPAs and mediators reach out to us regularly to assist them with the financial analysis for their cases. We can do the same for you.
297 King Street
Chappaqua, New York 10514
Our main office is located at the historic Crown House, on the corner of King Street and Castle Road in Chappaqua, NY. We also have a satellite office in Midtown Manhattan.
One Grand Central Place
New York, New York 10165
- PRE-DIVORCE ANALYSIS:
- Compiling information regarding income, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Creating a lifestyle analysis
- Discussing housing options
- Estimating immediate financial needs
- Preparing statements of net worth
- Analyzing retirement assets
- Analyzing maintenance and child support scenarios
- DIVORCE SETTLEMENT ANALYSIS:
- Reviewing after-tax proposed settlements
- Estimating maintenance needs
- Analyzing long-term cash flow and net worth
- Comparing settlement proposals
- Developing alternate settlement proposals
- Analyzing the tax impact of all financial decisions
- POST-DIVORCE SERVICES:
- If we designed your divorce financial plan, it’s likely there won’t be anyone who knows the details better than we do. It follows that our affiliate, Samalin Investment Counsel, would be a smart choice to execute that plan. Of course, referrals are available for other post-divorce professionals of various fields, including tax preparation, realty, mental health, asset management, etc.
- You worked hard to achieve your divorce settlement. Once the divorce is final, you’ll need assistance making sure that everything you negotiated for is yours.